Saturday 15 September 2012

A new week

So Phil started teaching at University this week.  It all went well ... photo for proof!  He also started taking Vietnamese language lessons for himself and is pleased he can now read...something that was really frustrating him.  Neither of us think we'll ever be fluent but he's taking the first steps at least...it's not on my current list...thinking I'll pick up bits as I go for now.

I also started my English teaching course this week.  Teaching Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays 6 hours per day.  I really enjoyed my week last week and it felt like the students did too.  Nice thing was getting paid again for a change as well.  So Thursday was my Saturday...while I was out shopping at the supermarket I found a new friend!  Katharine is a woman from the US who had only been here for 5 days and when I said hi said "I'm so lost!"  We chatted for a bit and since we both needed a new friend we decided to meet up on Friday for lunch.  She doesn't have a lot to do at the moment as he husband is working and she's at home, totally perfect for us to hang out!

Phil leaves for Australia again on Thursday so I am starting to make plans to keep myself busy.  All good.
This is me drinking my favourite drink at the coffee shops a Tea Cino (at least that's what I call it).  I always miss out on the frothy style of cappucino's since I don't drink coffee, now I can enjoy the froth but drink Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment