Monday 1 October 2012

Week 2 no husband

Actually doing better than I expected by myself.  I don't feel unsafe or nervous.  I have just been crazy busy with all of the teaching I have been doing.  Having said that I am feeling a lot more confident teaching the drama classes now, something I was hoping to have as an outcome from being just that busy.
Phil in Aus has been just as busy doing his handover with the new CEO at CQ Rescue, Mark Shields.  There has been a lot happening and they have had to do a few internal flights to meet government and service providers.  only 1 week to go and Phil can officially start his new life over here.
I was lucky enough to work at a Mid Autumn Festival event on Saturday night.  Arrived at 5 ready to start the activities at 6.  We were set up on the 11th floor of a large Apartment building, an area big enough to accommodate a reasonable sized pool for adults, a childrens pool, a playground for children the size of a pool and enough space left over for around 200 people minimum.  I was in charge of making masks for children.  I had cards which were printed with rabbits ears and a mask which had to be coloured in, crayons spread out on the table.  Next they had to be cut out, ears stapled to masks, elastic tied on and children sent on their way.  Now little detail to add here is that there were around 80 children and they ALL wanted a mask....totally swamped!  Ran out of everything just as the last 4 children looked sadly at me.  We drew a few and made it to the end....whew!  All that in an hour!!!
Following that though was a wonderful show like a Chinese New Year Celebration.  We had around 8 performers with some drumming, 4 Chinese dragons jumping around...they changed to a sea serpent which ran around the pool.  Just amazing AND all for free!  I neglected to take my camera so I have no proof of this amazing evening sadly.  I do have a picture of the Mooncake stalls that are set up all around the cities to sell the gifts everyone gives but I don't believe many people like.  Proof of this was in the plates full of mooncakes left on the tables at this event.
Mooncake stalls everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment