Sunday 23 December 2012

Leanne's birthday

So I just wanted to make mention of how my birthday went down in another country.  It all started with the Caravelle Hotel, where I teach English to the staff presenting me with a bunch of flowers and singing Happy Birthday during my lesson a couple of days early.  Such a nice surprise and so unexpected!
I got to skype loads of the family at some point for my birthday which was really nice and spoke to my girls on the day.  I had to teach Drama on the morning of my birthday and got yet another bunch of flowers from the Drama group and the kids sang Happy Birthday to me.

When I arrived home a big bunch of flowers had also been delivered from the 3 girls for my birthday, it was nice to have something I could touch from them.  Hannah organised it from Australia and didn't want any help from Dad to make it happen.  Appreciated the effort and they were spectacular with silver sparkles over them as well.


We headed out in the afternoon to our favourite bakery for me to chose my birthday cake, prices are amazing and so impressive what they look like, tasted pretty yummy too.
We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant I have been wanting to try which was just amazing...Caio Bella, surprised with a complimentary glass of champagne, free bread, yummy meal then another surprise with a complimentary glass of lemoncello.  Probably would have been more excited had I been a drinker but it was still nice.  We wandered down he street to have a drink at Zanzibar another bar/restaurant in the area then home for cake.  
All in all had a lovely day, Phil tried VERY hard to make sure I wasn't sad and had a nice time, much appreciated xxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Leanne and happy Christmas to you and Phil from Rick & Robyn in the Whitsundays.

    ReplyDelete